• ½ tbsp olive oil or vegan butter
• 450gm mushrooms, sliced (including stems)
• 8 cloves garlic, minced
• ½ large onion (about ¾ cup), finely diced
• 1 tsp sea salt and ½ tsp ground black pepper
• 3 cups of high quality vegetable broth
• 1½ cups of coconut milk
• 4 sprigs thyme, stems removed
• Place a large, deep pot over medium high heat, add the olive oil or vegan butter to heat
• Add the mushrooms, garlic, onion and salt and pepper. Stir together and sauté until mushrooms begin to release their natural juices and become fragrant, about 8 minutes
• Pour in the vegetable broth and the coconut milk. Add in the thyme. Stir together and bring to a boil, then a simmer for 15 minutes.
• Scoop out two cups of soup (with some mushrooms) and pour into your blender. If you have a glass blender, ensure it cools down a bit first!
• Press the soup setting or blend until fully blended out. Pour back into soup pot and blend one more time.
• Serve the soup and top with your favourite toppings and enjoy!